IAN PATRICK worked as a geologist in the oil industry for nearly 20
years. He has been a student/teacher of A Course in Miracles since
1991. An inspiration to many, he founded the Miracle Network and
began writing insightful articles for its magazine ‘Miracle Worker’ in
1994 and is currently the charity’s Manager/Coordinator. He has spoken
about the Course on radio, TV and at international conferences.
He has been facilitating ACIM workshops internationally since 1998
and teaches from knowledge and experience with incisiveness, clarity,
vision and humour.
He says: “I was turned off religion as a child. I didn’t ‘get’ it and,
somehow, I felt the message of Christianity was ‘not quite right.’ As a
very young child, I had some very profound ideas about life, God and
the nature of existence — things I heard nowhere else (until I found A
Course in Miracles) but, nevertheless, felt were true.
“Studying geology at school and university, I gradually forgot about
this and adopted a more deterministic view of life. If you had asked me
in my 20s about God, I would have said that I was an atheist. I was ‘successful,’
with a career in the oil industry, money, property, opportunities
to travel and an active social life, but I still felt something was missing.
My life seemed rather pointless, directionless, flat and empty. At one
point, I was expressing this dissatisfaction to a friend and he told me
about ‘a course’ someone had recommended. I knew nothing about it,
but was desperate enough to sign up. Some people I met there, eventually,
led me to A Course in Miracles.
“The Course was a coming home for me. Once I discovered that the
Course’s Christian terminology had psychological, rather than religious,
meaning, I had one of many ‘light bulb’ moments. It brought a recognition
of what, deep down, I always knew to be true and brought new
purpose, meaning and perspective to my life. It is not that life is necessarily
always easy now, but it is better — or, perhaps, it is not that it is
better now, but it is easier! Whatever happens, whatever challenges I
appear to face, there is a context for it, which is profoundly reassuring.
My life is richer and my experience deeper. My relationships are easier,
more fulfilling and intimate. I know that I am on a path, a journey without
distance to a goal that has never changed.
“I felt I was ‘led’ to set up the Miracle Network and to it becoming
my full-time job. Certainly, it was never my conscious choice. I always,
simply, took the next step and that is where I ended up!! Since
the Course has become my work, I cannot escape so easily into old, ego
patterns. I am being constantly reminded of the principles and that I
have another choice. I know that there is no going back now, that I will
continue my work and that I will complete the curriculum and reach the
goal the Course promises.
“I think the greatest single gift the Course has brought me is an understanding
and an experience of what true forgiveness is and how forgiveness
not only helps transform difficult situations and relationships,
but how it actually heals my own mind of its guilt, negative beliefs and
negative self-concepts. Forgiveness truly is the Course’s tool and, therefore,
my tool for transformation. I cannot, now, imagine life without this
or without A Course in Miracles.”
- Diana RichardsonDiana Richardson was born in KwaZulu, South Africa. Law Degree, University of Natal, Durban (B.A.LLB...
- Mike GeorgeMike George is a best selling author, international speaker and spiritual teacher. He guides, coach...
- Tomas VieiraTomas Vieira By Nouk Sanchez Tomas and I took a sacred vow together in 1984 to find a Love th...
- Nouk SanchezAustralians, Nouk Sanchez and Tomas Vieira are the authors of best-seller Take Me to Truth, Undoing ...
- Peter Christian VardyPeter Vardy was Vice-Principal of Heythrop College, University of London, and is one of the best kno...
- Nikki de CarteretNikki de Carteret is an international speaker, seminar leader and teacher of meditation. She divides...
- Regina Dawn AkersRegina Dawn Akers is the scribe of "The Holy Spirit's Interpretation of the New Testament," which is...
- Elizabeth A. CronkhiteLiz Cronkhite has been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1984, a life-coach since 2000, and a ...
- Karen DarkeGOLD MEDAL in road cycling at the 2016 Rio Paralympics SILVER MEDAL in road cycling at the 2012 L...
- June McLeodJune McLeod is a colour consultant , colour-trends forecaster, intuitive, motivational trainer and a...
- Caroline T. Ward
- Thomas Daniel NehrerQuestioning cultural truths of small-town Middle-America, Tom jettisoned religion by age 10. In his...
- SHARE THIS:
- SEE ALSO:
- 6th BooksALL THINGS PARANORMAL
- Axis Mundi BooksEXPLORING THE WORLD OF HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE
- AYNI BOOKSALTERNATIVE HEALTH & HEALING
- Dodona BooksASTROLOGY, NUMEROLOGY AND GENERAL DIVINATION
- MANTRA BOOKSEASTERN RELIGION & PHILOSOPHY
- PSYCHE BOOKSPSYCHOLOGY
- Soul RocksNEW GENERATION
- Visit the John Hunt Publishing website