Time and The Rose Garden
Encountering the Magical in the life and works of J.B. Priestley
Anthony Peake re-assesses the plays and novels of J.B. Priestley.
J.B. Priestley is considered by many to be an old-fashioned playwright whose work is locked in a pre-war world of provincialism and whose ideas are way past their sell-by date. In Time and the Rose Garden, internationally recognised author Anthony Peake re-assesses the plays and novels of this fascinating writer. In doing so, Peake argues that Priestley should be recognised as one of the most prescient of all middle century playwrights and that his ideas on time, consciousness and mortality can be found in hugely popular blockbusters such as The Matrix, Vanilla Sky, Deja Vu, Sliding Doors, Butterfly Effect and many others.
The Dark Arts of Projectors
Anarchist Tendencies in English Literature
- SHARE THIS:
- SEE ALSO:
- 6th BooksALL THINGS PARANORMAL
- Axis Mundi BooksEXPLORING THE WORLD OF HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE
- AYNI BOOKSALTERNATIVE HEALTH & HEALING
- Dodona BooksASTROLOGY, NUMEROLOGY AND GENERAL DIVINATION
- MANTRA BOOKSEASTERN RELIGION & PHILOSOPHY
- PSYCHE BOOKSPSYCHOLOGY
- Soul RocksNEW GENERATION
- Visit the John Hunt Publishing website