View of Epping Forest, A
A poet’s narrative memoir of a lifetime in Epping Forest, evoking the spirit of a place which shaped his works.
Epping Forest was given to the public in 1878. It has many historical and literary associations involving, for example, Harold II, Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, Shakespeare, Tennyson, Clare and Churchill.
Nicholas Hagger came to Epping Forest during the war. As a boy he knew Sir William Addison, long recognised as an authority on the Forest, and saw Churchill speak in his village in 1945. He grew up against the background of the Forest and visited it regularly when he was living elsewhere. The Forest has come into many of his poems and other works.
Mary and Charles - Henry VIII's Nearest & Dearest
Buddhism's Origin in the Heart of Nature
Charles S. Fisher Ph.D.
The Life of King Henry VIII’s Sister
Our Once and Future Selves
Charles II's Restoration Queen
- SHARE THIS:
- SEE ALSO:
- 6th BooksALL THINGS PARANORMAL
- Axis Mundi BooksEXPLORING THE WORLD OF HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE
- AYNI BOOKSALTERNATIVE HEALTH & HEALING
- Dodona BooksASTROLOGY, NUMEROLOGY AND GENERAL DIVINATION
- MANTRA BOOKSEASTERN RELIGION & PHILOSOPHY
- PSYCHE BOOKSPSYCHOLOGY
- Soul RocksNEW GENERATION
- Visit the John Hunt Publishing website