Wondrous Journey, The
Into the Depth of Our Being
A practical book about meditation and enlightenment by Ilie Cioara. Eckhart Tolle with a poetic twist; Kahlil Gibran meets Krishnamurti.
The Wondrous Journey is Ilie Cioara’s follow up to The Silence of the Mind. It is a practical book on meditation and enlightenment, a must read for any spiritual seeker. A less rational and more poetic Eckhart Tolle; Kahlil Gibran meets Krishnamurti.
His message is original and unique, as Ilie Cioara has never travelled to India and never belonged to any traditional school.
By practising the silence of the mind, through an all-encompassing attention, we discover and fulfill our innermost potential of becoming one with the divine spark that lies dormant within us.
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS
This is one of the most original and authentic spiritual books it has been my good fortune to discover and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
lie Cioara was a modern mystic from Europe who, like Meister Eckhart and Jakob Boehme in earlier centuries, pointed to the dimension of Spirit with Its infinite resources in the hearts of us all. Thanks to his discoverer and translator, Petrica Verdes, a series of his deeply insightful writings is now being made available in English. I am convinced that these small books by Cioara can be powerful instruments to enable us to see everything with new eyes and bring us a deeper sense of beingness that is liberating in unimaginable ways. All we have to do, Cioara says, is to give steady Attention to That which is already and always present, yet so often overlooked or unnoticed in our busy lives.
~ Peter Sumner, The Seer
Yet another powerful book by Ilie Cioara. His voice is authentic, like fruit gone to seed, like seeds sinking into the soil of your life.
~ Jerry Katz, Nonduality.com
When reading Ilie Cioara’s books, The Silence of the Mind and The Wondrous Journey: Into the Depth of Our Being, one is suddenly shaken by the simplicity of the message; shaken because the recent plethora of nondual teachings often do the exact opposite of what they set out not to do. And that is not engage the mind further in its conceptual machinations; but very often that is not the result.. A survey of questions and answers in dialogues with many teachers will reveal nothing but further mind stuff.
In Cioara’s books one senses a communication from direct insight, that speaks to a very obvious fact, if we care to look. And that is: the mind or ‘self’ is created by the thinking process, and there is an Awareness prior to thinking that can attend to this activity, and which, if experimented with, will show that this incessant movement comes to an end in the moment of clear seeing. This is Cioara’s practice for returning to Being. And to want to engage in any kind of analysis of the process is simply the mind’s way of keeping itself alive, and the birth of the new is suppressed. It’s a simple message, which you either take up or you don’t.
~ Kriben Pillay, Noumenon Journal
- "Ilie Cioara was a quiet blessing who came and went without notice. His impact, however, is just beginning to be felt, and will be long remembered. First in The Silence of the Mind and now with The Wondrous Journey, translator and editor Petrica Verdes brings us Ilie’s mystic vision, which remains as deep and clear as space itself.
The poems here are written from a place of spiritual maturity; the words are those of a master seer in his prime. It's beautiful work, poem after poem, crisp and piercing.
The prose commentary that follows each poem is both illuminating and penetrating. These are less the words of distant and lofty spiritual master on some far-flung plane than they are the whispered observations and suggestions of a Friend. One can only impatiently look forward to the coming volumes." ~ Fred Davis, Awakening Clarity
- Ilie Cioara can be compared to just a few: Rumi, Tolle, but he actually is beyond what they have written in his simplicity of explanation and the experience of the poetry puts him in a category by himself. ~ Lee Petersen, The Way of Consciousness Radio
- The Wondrous Journey by the gifted Self Realised Mystic and Poet Ilie Cioara, is indeed a precious gift for all those embarking on the great spiritual adventure of endeavouring to wake up from the dread sleep of samsara.
This distinguished author broadly follows the teachings of the great Sage, Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, and also has affinities with Eckhart Tolle and J.Krishnamurti. His brief Essays covering the main topics of Non Dualism such as Love, Happiness, and the Evolution of Consciousness are written in an attractive poetic style with clarity, and wisdom.
They are obviously based on experience rather than scholastic book knowledge. I would strongly recommend this precious book to all those aspirants who are interested in and working for Self Realisation.
- ~ Alan Jacobs, President Ramana Maharshi Foundation UK
- "The Wondrous Journey into the Depth of our Being is just that.
Ilie Cioara's book expresses the Depth of our Being in a beautifully poetic way, that actually takes the awareness of the reader on a journey into the deepest innermost nature of the Self.
Like a rock thrown into a deep pond, this book is a potent vehicle that plummets the awareness deep down, beneath the thoughts and emotions and agitation that usually make up human experience, into the Silent Depths of our inner most nature. There, we become acquainted with a Peace that is beyond understanding, a Peace that is the essence of all Life.
This book does not require intellectual understanding of any philosophy. The poetry and prose that lies within the pages of this book have the potency to give the reader the direct experience of what many mystics refer to with words such as Being, Atman, Enlightenment, Non-dual Experience, Non-Conceptual Reality, etc.
Ilie Coara has been compared to the works of Rumi, Kabir, Hafiz, and Kahlil Gibran. As the world discovers his writings, many hearts will open up to the truth of who and what they are....This book is an absolute must-read!" ~ Rosemary Cochran, USA, Amazon review
- "As gently profound as Rumi, Ilie Cioara has been compared to spiritual poets; a less rational and more poetic Eckhart Tolle; Kahlil Gibran meets Krishnamurti. All of this rings true and yet the simplicity of Ille Cloara's writing carries the deeply spiritual message of The Wondrous Journey into the modern world like ripples of water, gently into the silence of the mind. Ilie speaks of indescribable beauty, equilibrium and harmony; of pure clarity, reflected in joy. This little book could remain a companion all of your life. By practising the silence of the mind, we discover and fulfill our potential of becoming one with the divine spark."
~ Cygnus Books - cygnus-books.co.uk
- "The first word that comes to mind for this book is, "lovely." It is both lovely and powerful for any spiritual seeker. Simple, almost Zen-like in its approach to inspiring us to be more self-aware. It is full of wisdom and beauty." ~ Anita Burns, The Messenger
- As with all things Ilie Cioara his prose and the subsequent explanations are succinct and thought provoking.
Dealing with letting go of “ego” and searching for the “flame of Attention” to find peace and love within self is the total message wrapped in the many homilies within each section.
Designed as a series of daily self-discovery and reflection lessons you are lead gently into discovering the pathway to self-enlightenment, while being given the tools to think each subject matter through clearly in order to discover what message lies within for you.
For all desiring to find a pathway to peace and fulfilment step into the learning that is Ilie Cioara and enjoy the journey: you will be richer for the experience.
Read more on - http://www.bluewolf-reviews.com/books/spiritual-a-personal-development ~ Jan Mawdesley, Blue Wolf Reviews